Hygiene Appointments are important for keeping your teeth and gums healthy.
Poor oral hygiene is a leading cause of tooth loss. This is why it is so important to look after your gums; going to see a hygienist is a fantastic way to start. When you book a Hygiene appointment at the Bridlington Dental Studio you will see our Dental Therapist and Hygienist, Lucy.
During the appointment Lucy will:
- Assess your plaque control.
- Carry out a full mouth screening to evaluate gum condition.
- Perform a thorough scale and polish,cleaning above and below the gum line if needed.
- Carry out Oral Cancer screening & soft tissue checks.
- Give preventative advise to maintain good oral health.
- Give hints and tips for at home, such as information on toothbrushing techniques and interdental cleaning